Friday, September 5, 2014

Blogtember Challenge Day Three: When I Grow Up

 


When I was younger and thinking about when I would be grown up I never thought that I would get married at 23. In fact, I was totally against getting married so "young." But then.. life changed. And love changed. And God changed my thoughts and my desires and my dreams
Not too long ago I was on my path to being a veterinarian and settling with my thoughts about not getting married before 28 (Ha!). And then I realized that being a vet wasn't for me, but being a veterinary technician was. And that marrying the person I already knew I wanted to be with forever wasn't all that crazy. In fact, it was wonderful and exciting! So here I am now, in Colorado, 1300 miles away from my previous home, married to my husband at 24, and in the best veterinary technician school I could dream of. No way I could of planned all of that, but this is what God has planned for me right now. And I'm still not grown up.
So now when I think about what I want to be when I grow up (or grow older..) I want to be an awesome wife to my husband, have a Godly marriage, and be a fun mom. I want us to be that couple that opens their home up to anyone and everyone and knows how to have a good time with friends and family. I want to be the couple that is strong in their marriage because God is the center of it. I don't know where I'll be, but I know I want to be a woman that trust's where God wants me to be. 

Brave Love Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment