Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The time has come

After so many years, months, weeks, and days of waiting
Zach is finally at Basic Training in Georgia. We said our goodbyes
last night and he was up early this morning with the rest of the recruits
getting ready for his flight. Luckily I got to talk to him all throughout 
the day as he was traveling, but he was scheduled to arrive at the base
a couple hours ago where they must have taken his cell phone since I 
haven't heard from him in a while. 

We both knew this day was coming, but I don't think
there's really any way to prepare for something like this.
He'll be gone for 4 months. We'll be able to write letters back
and forth and hopefully I can get a few phone calls. Since they allow
him to go off of base on Sundays for church I'm hoping he can sneak
in a few extra calls ;) (I'm a bad influence, I know).

It's definitely weird without my best friend here to see
everyday, and it's even weirder that the next time I see
him it's going to be Fall, it's going to be cold outside, and he'll
of graduated and become a soldier!
I know the key to sanity while he's gone is to keep busy so that's my plan.
While I'm really sad that he's not here, I'm so proud of him and what he's doing. 
He's been patiently waiting for this for 2 years and he's
finally able to go after his dream. I know he's going to succeed
and work his absolute hardest, and I'm going to
be praying for him and encouraging him with letters everyday. 

Here's a few pictures of our last few days together :)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment